||Dental Implants are the best substitutes for natural teeth offering you a permanent and secure solution for replacing one or more teeth.
Generally made from Titanium, Dental Implants are essentially a screw that is placed into the jawbone. Dental Implants take on the role of an anchor within the mouth, which is then used to fasten ‘false teeth’ into position. They are surgically inserted into the jawbone to support the replacement teeth. As the mouth heals, approximately two to six months after surgery; the bone and Implant begin to fuse together. Small posts are then attached to the Implants, which are used to anchor Crowns, Bridges or Dentures.
Dental Implants provide amazing stability for patients, aiding with biting pressure as well as reducing irritation and oral sores generally experienced by Denture wearers.
Other benefits of Dental Implants include:
- Aesthetically Pleasing - they look like real teeth.
- Functional - they act and feel like real teeth.
- Beneficial to your Diet - you can eat and chew again without pain or irritation. Foods that were forbidden are now back in the diet!
- Eliminate distasteful adhesives - There is no longer a need to use "glue" when your prosthesis is anchored to implants.
- Enjoy Your Favourite Foods - Implants can actually allow for the improved enjoyment of the textures and flavours of your favourite foods. With less plastic covering the roof of your mouth, you can enjoy natural flavours and sensations again.
- Maintain Bone Structure - Implants can help maintain your bone structure and support your facial tissues. They can reduce or eliminate bone atrophy, which causes "shrinkage" or facial cosmetic changes
For more information on Dental Implants, please call 03 5996 8500 or click here to email us.
Return to Tooth Replacement