|Emergency dental treatment to save your tooth
Also known as Endodontics, Root Canal Therapy is designed to save infected teeth. The purpose of this treatment is to conserve a tooth that has been damaged by decay, fracture or an abscess and normal restorative procedures are no longer possible.
In the past, you would probably lose the affected tooth if it had a diseased or injured nerve. Today every possible step is taken to save the affected teeth and keep your natural teeth for life.
Symptoms Root Canal treatment may be required:
- Lingering tooth sensitivity to hot or cold liquids
- Tooth sensitivity to sweets
- Tooth pain to biting pressure
- Impulsive, constant or intermittent tooth pain
- Severe throbbing tooth pain
- Swollen face
- Tooth pain that may occur in response to atmospheric pressure changes such as when flying or scuba diving
Root Canal treatments generally need to be performed quickly. If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please contact Beyond Dental for a consultation as soon as possible.
For more information on Root Canal Therapy, please call 03 5996 8500 or click here to email us.
Return to Restorative Dentistry